Today my book collection got a little bit pinker, with the release of the Pink Popular Penguins!
I was happier than a pig in mud, with the chance to buy more of my favourite Popular Penguins all the while raising funds for a cause very close to my heart…
On March 19, 2013 Penguin Books Australia will launch a new series, Pink Popular Penguins, to help the McGrath Foundation expand their Breast Care Nurse network and increase breast awareness throughout Australia. The orange Popular Penguins design adopts pink covers and includes a range of classics. Penguin Books will donate $1 from the sale of every Pink Popular Penguin to the McGrath Foundation.
The McGrath Foundation does amazing work to increase the number of Breast Care Nurses in Australia. I would have been absolutely lost without the amazing help of the Breast Care Nurses at Monash, and I strongly encourage you to get behind this worthy endeavour!
And of course, then there’s the gorgeous pink books just waiting to be added to the bookshelf. There are 12 titles in all:
• Alphabet Sisters by Monica McInerney
• Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Truman Capote
• Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
• Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
• Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
• Perfume: The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Suskind
• The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald
• A Room of One’s Own by Virginia Woolf
• Love in a Cold Climate by Nancy Mitford
• Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
• Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
• A Spy in the House of Love by Anais Nin.
I’ve been lucky enough to get my hands on A Room of One’s Own, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Madame Bovary already and I can’t wait to get hold of the rest. I’ve enjoyed revisiting these classics, tumbling down the rabbit hole; reassessing my need for my own space; and of course being wrapped up in a provincial romance with Emma Bovary.
All titles are available in the TBYL Store now, and as a special offer, you can also pick up the full set of twelve books for just $100 (normally $120) – why mess about, you know you want them all?! You can shop online here…
I’d love to know – which books would you choose first?
Subscribe to TBYL News: All Things Bookish… out monthly!