I often get asked how I have time to read so much – here’s the answer to the million dollar question…
1. I read on public transport. Even a five-minute trip is good for half a chapter, but train trips to the city are my favourite!
3. I read while I’m waiting for the kids, which is often. At sport, at school, at kinder. I look like a bit of a nerd, but I’m used to that by now and I think (hope) most of my friends think it’s endearing.
4. I read while I’m waiting for appointments, normally doctors, normally a long time. It’s my silver lining.
5. I read when I should be doing housework. I came to the realisation some time ago that it’s actually okay to choose a good book over a basket of laundry. So sue me 😉
6. I read on Sunday. Sunday is the day that seems to afford me the most unbroken reading time. I bunker down with my book and a cuppa in my reading chair and read, read, read. Bliss.
Do you make a little time to read? Can you think of one way that you could add a little more reading time into your week?
Subscribe to TBYL News: All Things Bookish… out monthly!