I’ve rubbed my bleary eyes, shaken off my hangover(s) and come to terms with the fact that 2011 whizzed by too quickly, and another year has started with a bang.
My new family planner is up and running, and I’ve had my first dinner party (Resolution #1). I’ve been busily getting some new items ready for the mini-store, and most excitingly, most importantly, most anticipated-ly (a word? not really) I’ve started to chatter with the wonderful members of TBYL Book Club!
Our brand new online book club officially kicks off this month so I thought it might be a good idea to give a little run down on how it will work.
It’s pretty simple really, just a couple of simple steps and you’ll be connected with lots of bookish people, sharing some excellent novels:
1. The club is run online via our online community, which you can join here…
2. You can use the online community to socialise with other members, leave updates, make friends, send messages. The community is moderated, and it’s a safe place to share your enjoyment of all things bookish.
3. Once you’ve got a TBYL profile, you can join ‘Groups.’ This month’s book club will chat in the group called ‘TBYL Book Club: January 2012‘. You can join the group here..
4. Each month there will be a new book to read. You can borrow the book from the library, from a friend or buy a copy locally. Of course, if you’d prefer you can purchase a copy from the TBYL Mini-Store for fast delivery.
5. In the last week of each month, I’ll post discussion questions in the group – one each day for a week. Hopefully this will generate some really amazing conversation about the book of the month, I know I can’t wait! There’s also a ‘General Discussion‘ thread where you can share your thoughts and reading experiences at any time throughout the month. You’ll find this discussion here…
I’ve caught up with a few people already this month, who have started reading ‘Of a Boy’, and by all accounts it’s having quite an effect on them. It’s an amazing little book, and I can’t wait to hear what other people think of it. By the sounds of it, lots of you are equally excited.
If you have any troubles creating a profile, logging on, or any other questions about the TBYL Book Club, please email me at email@example.com
It’s a really quick book to read, so it’s not too late to sign up for the January group.
Plus, I’ll be announcing the February book early next week. I really hope you’ll join us!